North Eastern Pool & Spa's COVID-19 Policies
Last updated: 6/2/2020, 4:14 PM
Given the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, we are updating our store policies and will continue to provide any further information here for your convenience. Please note we are STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
Retail Store Policies
Starting Wednesday, June 3rd, our doors will be open! here's what you need to know...
- When you first walk in, you'll notice our store looks quite different! We've expanded our retail department around the corner so we could make room for all the new products while still providing adequate distancing for our customers in our main cash out/water testing area. So while it may look empty when you first come in, there's TONS of fun new stuff right around the corner to browse.
- We are still keeping our curbside water testing, pick up orders, and phone/email order services in place! You do NOT have to come inside if you do not want to. Nothing is changing with our current system at this time, other than that we are simply adding the option to come shop inside our store if you would like. To read more about our curbside services and pick up order policies, please jump below to the next section.
- Our store will be open to a limited number of people for the time being, so you will need to wait to enter if we reach our threshold.
- We ask that you please wear a mask in our store during this time and sanitize your hands prior to entering if possible.
- We have set up our store to maintain social distancing. Please keep this in mind as you're shopping! We have tape marked out on the floor so our customers can keep 6 ft. apart as much as possible and still enjoy browsing the store.
- Lastly, we appreciate your patience as we adjust our system as needed. We will continue to post any updates here, on our Facebook page, and on our newsletter for your convenience and truly appreciate your business and understanding as we all adapt.
We can't wait to see you!
PICKUP ORDERS (UPDATED INFO, PLEASE READ!):
To place a pick up order, please do the following:
1. Call our store at (585) 385-7946 OR create a new email addressed to email@example.com.
2. If calling in, dial "1" upon hearing our greeting (this is our NEW pick up order line, where you will be instructed to leave a message with your NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, AND A DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ORDER. If emailing, please provide this same information via email.
3. We will call you back to place your order and process your payment. Please note this may be outside of our regular retail hours and the caller ID will read (585) 385-7946. Please do your best to answer this call, so we assist you as efficiently and quickly as possible!
4. Once your pick up order has been processed, we will provide you with the appropriate information for WHEN to pick up the order.
5. When you come back to pick up your order, please pull up to our WAREHOUSE. Give our staff your LAST NAME, and they will load up your prepaid pick up order for you to be on your way!
WATER TESTING (UPDATED INFO, PLEASE READ!)
1. Please make sure your NAME, PHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS, AND TIME OF DROP OFF are clearly labeled on your water bottle. The time is extremely important, so that we can keep the water tests in order and serve you in a timely manner. We will soon be implementing an easier system with pre-made water sample labels for your convenience, but for the time being please include this information on your bottle. We do have sharpies in our water testing bin for your use.
2. Place your water sample in the bin outside our main retail entrance. Please **DO NOT** call us to let us know you're here. Now that we're getting into our busy season, we are constantly checking for new samples and taking extra calls means it takes longer for us to test each water sample and place each order. We promise we're doing everything we can to reduce wait times!
3. Don't want to wait to have your water tested? We'll have a BLUE bin that you can drop your water sample off in, and we'll give you a call back later that day with your results to place a pick up order for the FOLLOWING DAY. We can then get your pickup order together ahead of time for the next day.
We are doing our best to reduce our wait times and come up with a system to serve you as efficiently as possible.
Still got questions? Let us know, and we'll do our best to address them and help you as efficiently/safely as possible!
And again, we truly appreciate your patience, your business, and your time as we go through this situation and attempt to make the best and safest choices for our amazing staff and customers.
We will continue to keep you updated through our Facebook page and here via our email list as well!
Have a wonderful weekend,
The Entire North Eastern Family
Pool Openings & Pool Service
At this time we are not anticipating any setbacks in scheduling, especially in pool openings as they are a must for maintaining sanitary bodies of water and delays in this service could create greater unintended consequences.
If you would like to schedule a pool opening please call 385-7946 and push 5 for Alyssa.
If she is not available, leave your name. address, DAYTIME phone number and week you are looking to open and she will get back with you.
For pump, filter, heater repair etc. please call dial 385-7946 x203 for Brianna. If Brianna is unavailable, please leave a message with your name, address, DAYTIME phone number and your service request.
Replacement Liners & Heaters
For replacement liners - click on https://www.385swim.com/pool-liner-replacement/. These forms will be sent directly to our vice president's e-mail. If you would like to add any pictures or additional info, send that directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us at (585) 385-7946 ex. 218. Pictures can be very helpful and they generally expedite proposals, and keep costs to a minimum.
If you are interested in a new or replacement heater - click on https://www.385swim.com/order-a-pool-heater/. These forms will be sent directly to our vice president's e-mail. If you would like to add any pictures or additional info, send that directly to email@example.com. You can also call us at (585) 385-7946 ex. 218. Pictures can be very helpful and they generally expedite proposals, and keep costs to a minimum.
If you would like to set up an appointment in sales such as new pools, or hot tubs – click on https://www.385swim.com/contact-us/ or call 385-7946 and push 2 when prompted.
Additional Information on COVID-19
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs.
Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19, as well as mitigate the growth of pathogens and mosquito breeding grounds.
The World Health Organization states that controlling water quality is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases.
A Note on Essential Business
We firmly believe that companies like ours, that supply pool sanitization and disinfection materials (through manufacturing, distribution or retail stores), manage the maintenance of swimming pools, hot tubs and other artificial bodies of water, and construct inground pools and spas are essential to preventing the transmission of infectious diseases, helping maintain community health, and ensuring public safety.
Without proper pool and hot tub maintenance (which includes circulation and treatment of water) various pathogens can grow, such as Pseudomonas, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Shigella, etc.
It can also create a breeding ground for mosquitoes, other pests and the diseases they may carry, which presents a risk not only to bathers but to the entire community at large.
Additionally, it is critically important that active inground pool and spa projects be completed.
As children and families across the country are being asked to reduce outside contact or even shelter at home, and gyms and other public facilities are closing, the backyard pool, spa or hot tub provides a fun, morale-boosting way for families to focus on their health and well-being.
These pools and hot tubs should be properly maintained to ensure proper sanitation measures are taking place.